Saturday 29 April 2017

Jeff's Cherry and Almond Rock Buns - Take 2

I know I've done this recepie before, but thought it would be a good idea to revisit this, and provide a slightly revised recepie that now also includes coconut in the ingredients. 

This morning I started to prepare for making the Cherry and Almond Rock Buns that I make about every 6 or so weeks which adds something a bit different to add to my diet, which being a diabetic I have to watch fairly carefully. Each one of these Rock Buns is approximately equal to a piece of fruit, such as a banana, orange or apple. Whilst making preperations I thought I'd attempt to document the proceedings on Snapchat, something I think perhaps I succeeded to do quite successfully. 

 
Before displaying the rest of the Snapchat photos, here for you recepie purists is a list of the ingredients:

8oz Self-Raising Flour
8oz Wholemeal Self-Raising Flour
8oz Low Fat Spread
4oz Caster Sugar
4oz Desiccated Coconut
2 Beaten Eggs
4-5 Tablespoons of Skimmed or Semi-Skimmed Milk 
3.5oz Finely Chopped Glace Cherries
3.5oz Flaked Almonds 
Few Drops of Almond Essence to your taste

And the method, that's in the Snapchat Story, that follows:

 
      
Hope you enjoyed reading and viewing the above and happy baking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment