Friday 24 July 2015

Events After A Walk In The Rain

Just a few drops of rain were falling from Eastbourne's skies as I walked into Sainsburys (other supermarkets are available) to do some shopping earlier this evening after work. On exiting said store, fully laden with food for the coming weekend, the skies had fully opened and rain was flowing at a great rate onto the streets of our lovely town and onto yours truly as I ventured, with hood up and coat secured, as fast as my legs would carry me to my place of residence.

Unfortunately, on arrival home I was completely drenched from head to toe after my exciting trip in this torrential downpour. Placing my equally wet bags of shopping on the front door step and fumbling to find my keys, no easy task with wet hands and soaked trouser pockets, I could hear the ever alert hound barking at my arrival, and obviously wondering why I was taking such an age to enter the building.

Eventually, I opened the door and the events of the next few minutes would have made an excellent contribution to the TV series 'You've Been Framed', had someone been close by to video said action. Picture the scene, I've just got inside soaking wet, dog jumping up greeting me, as he always does, as I'm taking my shoes off to lessen the impact of water on the hall way floor.

With all this action a continuous shower of rain water is emanating from myself, and at this point the doggie decides to make it his mission to jump up and down like a mad thing to catch the rain water, a really comical sight. Perhaps we should all have cameras permanently installed at home to record for prosperity such magical moments.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment