Sunday 14 April 2019

Gobi - An App of Stories Created by Yourself and Followers

My never ending quest continues as I’m always on the look out for new or different apps for my iPhone and or iPad. There’s this app I’ve just found called Gobi, which I thought might be of interest to others. I see it’s available on iOS and Android, which has got to be a plus point. 

I haven’t really tried all the functions on the Android version so what appears in this blog post refers to the iOS version, although I hope and suspect the Android version would be much the same. 

The idea of the app is to create a story then add content to said story either as snaps and/or in video form with followers of the story subsequently adding their own content. Each snap/video remains in the story for three days. As the creator of the story you are the admin of same and control the content from followers. 

If you want to have a look, my username is the usual one I use for most apps ‘JeffersOnHere’, and I’ve created a story called ‘Jeffers 001’. If you do download the app and want somewhere to add content then feel free to follow this story and post your snap and/or video to it. What I receive then goes into a pending tray, which I have to approve before it actually appears in the story. 

As I said each snap/video remains in the story for three days, so although there’s something within the story as I write this blog there’s a possibility it may be empty when you look, but please don’t let that stop you posting content, I’ll still see what you’ve sent and will add to the story.

The look of the snap/video created has a Snapchat look style about it with the capability, if so desired, of adding text, emojis and freehand drawing to same. 

As previously stated I’ve created a story called ‘Jeffers 001’. After initial registration of an account you’ll see on the main screen there’s a ‘Find Stories’ option at the top of the screen, tap on this and type in ‘Jeffers 001’.


And then tap follow against the ‘Jeffers 001’ story.


Now close this screen by tapping the X, and you return to the main menu screen. 

You should now be able to add to this story with video or a snap by tapping on the blue circle at the bottom of the screen. 


The camera screen now appears. To create a snap then tap once again on blue circle or hold down on the blue circle for a video. You can now decorate your snap/video, if so desired. 

When you’re happy with your snap or video tap on the green arrow, at bottom right of the screen, to add to a story. 


You will be prompted as to which story you wish to add to. To add to the ‘Jeffers 001’ story obviously tap on that story. 

If you wish to create a brand new story of your own tap on the create option at top right of main screen. There’s another create story option below this, which is used to create a private story for viewing by yourself only, to be honest I don’t quite understand the point in this option, and find it rather confusing, so I’d recommend ignoring said option. 

The ‘Administrate Stories’ option is an important option if you are the creator of stories as you need to visit this area to approve content from followers of your stories. 

I’m still learning about this app, but that’s what I’ve deduced so far. Unfortunately, there seems to be very little available as to how things work and what does what, it’s find out as you go along. But saying all that the app hasn’t crashed on me yet, perhaps they’re still writing the instructions!

An interesting app that deserves to go places, my only real concerns are that potential users may find it too complicated to bother with, but once you get the hang of things I believe it has potential to be fun. My other concern is I think perhaps three days for content to remain within a story is just a little short, in my opinion at least seven days should be the bare minimum. 

Do let me know if you take the plunge and make use of the app Gobi, and why not send content to that story ‘Jeffers 001’, and advise me of stories that you’ve created. 

No comments:

Post a Comment